Friday, April 27, 2012
Chapter 8 Reflection: Tom Lucks Out
Well Gatsby was killed by Wilson... I never would have thought that Wilson would have done that. Wilson was such a peace maker. FitzGerald made an unexpected bang at the end of his book. I was very surprised when that happened. It is also tragic that Wilson mistook Gatsby for the actual cheater, Tom Buchanan. Tom really lucked out this entire book. He never got caught for having a mistress and Daisy did not even care when she knew Tom had a mistress. FitzGerald must have a moral at the end of the story. I want Tom to have his punishment that he deserves because nothing too bad has happened to him. Even if Gatsby did not die, I think that Tom should still have been with Daisy. "'Go away now, old sport?' ' Go to Atlantic City for a week, or up to Montreal.' He wouldn't consider it. He couldn't possibly leave Daisy until he knew what she was going to do. He was clutching at some last hope and I couldn't bear to shake him free." Gatsby would have serious problems with Daisy. Daisy needs someone who can look into the future, but Gatsby keeps looking at a pinpointed scenario in the past. Tom was better off with Daisy anyway, despite this fact, karma needs to catch up with Tom. The only people left in the group are Tom, Daisy, Nick, and Jordan. There are no sexual tensions or cheating anymore. I predict that Daisy and Tom will go into the same dull thing that they have been doing for years. Nick will have nothing to do with any of the group and he will move back to West Egg. Jordan will be a non-factor in the book at the end. R.I.P. Gatsby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment